June 5, 2018, Statewide Direct Primary Election
Key Dates and Deadlines
In California, the deadline to register to vote for any election is 15 days before Election Day, so please register early!
Find your polling place and ballot:
Are you ready to vote?
video courtesy of ezvoterguide.org
The Right to Vote
The right to vote wasn't just handed to Americans. They had to fight for it.
When did you become eligable to vote?
- 1788 - Constitution Ratified
- 1870 - 15th Amendment - Right to vote shall not be denied on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude.
- 1920 - 19th Amendment - Right to vote shall not be denied on account of sex.
- 1965 - Voting Rights Act of 1965 - Enacted to enforce the 15th Amendment
- 1971 - 26th Amendment - Voting age nationally established as age 18.
- California Secretary of State
- League of Women Voters
- Easy Voter Guide
- Voter's Edge
- Every Child Matters Education Fund
Voter Education activities are supported in part by $2 Dollar Per Child Campaign funds. Help us spread the word.