Policies & Updates
It is the mission of CHSA to provide it's members, the earlycare and education community, and our friends with up-to-date information from California 's Capitol in Sacramento and our nation's Capitol in Washington DC.
Regional Office Update
- K-12 districts and County Offices of Education are required to meet with stakeholders regarding district planning and budget. Use Children Now's guide to get involved with your local LEA. Meet with your district board members and superintendent to share your story about the impact of early learning and the opportunity LCFF offers for them to invest in early childhood. Ch1ldren Now's LCFF Engagement Guide
Head Start Grantees and State Subsidy Programs
OHS’ Proposed New Performance Standards
CDA Equivalency - Letters from OHS
- CDA equivalency in California for infant toddler teachers
- CDA equivalency in California for pre-school teachers
- RIX OHS/CDD Joint Letter on MOU Requirements
- Head Start Act - SEC. 642 – MOU
- Sample MOU Head Start and local State Pre-K
- Most common licensing citations - 2015 Want to know which violations occur most often so you can avoid them? Check these out.
- Consolidated Billing Guidance
- SB792 - Vaccinations
- Immunization and Tuberculosis Requirements Tool for Licensed Child Care Facilities
- New Child Care Licensing Resources
- Early Education & Child Care Regulation Quick Reference Guide
- Introductory Letter to Quick Reference Guide
Proposed Early Education Block Grant
The California Head Start Association is the unified voice providing leadership and advocacy for the Head Start community.
The California Head Start Association will be an important strategic partner representing Head Start interests in California and the nation.